Friday, April 25, 2014

Using The New Windows Phone 8.1 Speed Dial

 

wp_ss_20140425_0003

One of those surprising new features that I never noticed in Windows Phone 8.0 is the new speed dial screen in the 8.1 Developer Preview. I can’t believe that I hadn’t found this one earlier in my playing, but it is one of the high points for me in the preview. Taping the phone tile always brought me to my call history screen. Now, there’s a better way than searching by name for those that you love to call that fall off the first page during the day.

wp_ss_20140425_0004

With a simple long press of a name in the history list, it brings up a new menu. The new menu includes a few options that are very useful. The first is to view the call details. The second deletes the call from your list. The third is the ever popular call blocking feature. The fourth is the new “add to speed dial” feature. By selecting this item, you can swipe once to get to the next screen. This screen will contain all the numbers that you have added to your speed dial list.

wp_ss_20140425_0005

The speed dial list allows one touch calling to anyone on the list by just tapping their entry. Make sure when you add people that you add their correct number and not a secondary or work number. If you do, you will keep calling that number from the speed dial menu. Overall, this is a huge time saver for me and I am really impressed with how well it fit my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment