Thursday, April 17, 2014

App Review: Track Your Cash And Cards With Akche

wp_ss_20140407_0013

As someone that lives on a cash budget, I really appreciate any tools that make it easier to track where my money goes. Akche by IdeaLabs is one of those tools that does so much to help with my budgeting, that I wonder how I kept track of everything without it. The basics of the App in a nutshell is that it tracks cash, credit or other funding for you. It’s quick to learn, easy to use and as powerful as you want to make it. Overall, except for a few missing features, Akche is an App that everyone should try out.

wp_ss_20140407_0012

Akche is capable of tracking cash, credit or any other kind of account you want to throw at it. You can use it as a check registry, a cash monitor or even an expense tracker for work. Keep in mind that it doesn’t hold official receipts, so you might need to keep saving those if you are tracking your work expenses with it.

The use of Akche is very simple. Enter your accounts, and press the plus or minus sign at the bottom to enter a transaction. It’s that easy. Once you enter the information on the transaction, you will see a list of them pop up in the section you entered it. For example, I gave myself $200.00 in spending money above in my wallet. I spent $39.99 buying a cell phone refill card and $58.60 for a tank of gas. The green sections are a positive and the reds are a negative. Now here is one of those missing features that drives me a bit batty… Why doesn’t it just give me a balance total at the top?

wp_ss_20140407_0014

Once you get the basics down, you can enter some additional accounts and start tracking everything you spend through Akche. Enter your checking account balance and use it for your registry. Enter you department store cards and track those as well. Akche is a very powerful App that will allow you to track every dime that comes in or out of your pocket. It’s really a great App overall.

Where did Akche fall short for me? Not too many places, but there were a few features I would love to see built into future updates. The first is a data backup option. With a link to OneDrive, I could easily backup all my fiscal information and have it restored to a new phone. The next is that balance bar at the top of the account list. The last would be the ability to swap text and background color to match my theme – light is standard, but I use the dark so entering things at night is like having a flashlight on.

Other than those few things, Akche is a great budget monitoring App. You can track multiple accounts with ease. You can track cash without any effort. Overall, it is a great App for those that are watching their pennies and want to see where that money is going. Akche is definitely worth a download and the small file size makes sense on almost any device. Grab it today from the Store and start tracking your finances today.

Store Link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/akche/53320fce-e3f3-40f9-aff0-89b1ec931647

2 comments:

  1. Great app. Using all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing app tips here .I’ve just now starting to pay attention to the tutorial on my blog ...Thanks for sharing your talent and expertise! Very detailed and well thought out

    clipping path bangladesh

    ReplyDelete